Sunday, August 23, 2009

I have a disease...

...I love to win things. Therefore, I feel compelled to enter contests or sweepstakes whenever I come across them. You may not think this is strange, but just ask Daniel when he has to pull me away from a dumpster, because I have found a valuable piece of furniture that I'm sure I can find some use for! Hey, there is nothing wrong with good stewardship! Anyways, I considered myself well on the road to recovery until we got pregnant...and now the sickness has returned more virulent than ever! Already, I feel I would do anything for that cute little baby boy in my belly! For example, I attended this event called "Heartlink", on Friday, that is for spouses that are new to the Air Force. I was not lured to go by the plethora of helpful information, but rather for the door prizes (Yes, I admit this shamefully). However, it was sooooo worth it when I left there with $60 dollars in my pocket!!! Half the fun is playing the game, but I must admit that actually winning, makes the experience even better! I immediately began thinking of what I could buy for baby Elijah with this money, but my mom gave me a good piece of advice. She said that this may be the last time that I get money like this to spend on myself. I've allowed the concept to sink in a bit and I think I might follow her advice...as long as I can still try to win something for the baby!

Well, I have found a golden opportunity with not just something for Elijah, but MANY THINGS. (I'm practically giddy right now just thinking about it!) And what makes this chance so wonderful is that these are all items that he could really use! I've actually specifically wanted to buy some of these products, and now I could possibly win them! Wendy from BabiesGotToHaveIt.com is having an Online Baby Shower and giving one of her readers a ton of perfect products that have been donated from many great companies. And she is doing all of this in celebration of her little girl's 2nd birthday. Happy birthday, little one! I am absolutely falling in love with many of these products, so I truly hope Elijah wins! Now, this contest is open until August 30th in case any of you want to enter for your own little one or for a friend's little one. I promise that this is a contest worth entering. Just click on the title of each category (i.e. Babies Gotta Bathe) to view each video displaying the contest items. Even if you don't enter the contest, she has a great website where she reviews hundreds of baby products. I imagine I'll be visiting her website more often! The link to the contest is here.

I have so much more that I've fallen behind in blogging about, but I have a very good excuse this time around. It seems I've developed pregnancy carpal tunnel. I know you're thinking that it's because I've been spending all my time looking for baby things to win online, but it's actually because of my baby sewing projects! Sad day. It is not expected to go away until the baby is born, which means I've got about 7 more weeks to endure. As I can no longer feel the fingers in my right hand, I will beg off for this post and update you at a later date. But I will leave you with a picture of the shelf and clock that I painted for baby Elijah's room! Can't let a little carpal tunnel stop me!

DSC03624

No comments:

Post a Comment