Alright, so here are the pics you've been waiting for:
[caption id="attachment_545" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="17 weeks prego"]
[/caption]I was feeling pretty awful around this point. Albuquerque is 1 mile above sea level and we live in one of the highest parts of the city. Adjusting to the altitude has been taking a while, but I'm feeling much better than before. So if I'm huffing and puffing on the phone, it's not because I just finished working out...it's probably because I walked up the stairs in our apartment!
I'm currently 19+ weeks now (about half way there!) but you'll have to wait until at least Thursday for a posting of a truly recent pic! I'm thinking some sort of celebration is in order for completing week 20...we'll have to see!
So in case you haven't heard, God was truly with us during our transition here in ABQ. The timing for getting into our apartment and the moving truck arriving could not have worked out more smoothly! And the apartment...WOW, the apartment. I've got to tell you how God found us this place.
We had searched online for apartments and were fairly settled on the one that we wanted especially after taking a tour when we first arrived. It was much nicer than our apartment before so we didn't really have any complaints. However, Daniel's new co-worker mentioned how she had gotten an even better deal at a nicer complex nearby. The same morning we were planning on signing the lease, Daniel decided to call a few more places, including the one his co-worker had recommended. Their prices online were far more than we could afford, so I thought it was a waste of time, but Daniel wanted to be thorough. We didn't know which "Broadstone" his co-worker lived in so we just picked the first on the list to call. "High Desert" ended up being the ritzy part of town! So Daniel called and asked about their cheapest 2 bedroom they had and if they had any specials. To our amazement, the manager said there were no specials on that one, but there were specials on 2 bedroom townhouses. (I was internally scoffing at this point. Townhouse! I had seen the prices and there was no way we were getting into one of those!) By the time they had factored in the current special and the military discount, the townhouse only cost $45 dollars more than the other aparment!! The townhouse was much bigger, much nicer, included a two car garage, and was still well within our housing allowance! I definitely felt like Sarai with my unbelief. It seems I had forgotten that our Heavenly Father is in the miracle business!
As for pictures of our place, I promise they are coming soon! We just recently got rid of our last box, purchased new furniture and are finishing putting things in their place. However...I can share our amazing views with you! We got the city view and the mountain view!!
[caption id="attachment_564" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Mountain view from baby's room"]
[/caption][caption id="attachment_561" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="City view from front patio"]
[/caption][caption id="attachment_565" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="City view from bedroom window"]
[/caption][caption id="attachment_566" align="aligncenter" width="440" caption="City view at night"]
[/caption]I obviously did not take that last picture, but our little camera just wouldn't do the city lights justice! Although we have yet to see the sky turn quite that orange, it is not an exaggeration to say that this is the view we get from our bedroom. Pretty spectacular!
Even the foosa are appreciating all our big windows! (Lucy's the shorter stockier one on the right!) Alright, so I promise to do my best not to leave all our family and friends wondering if we've dropped off the face. Daniel's even promised me a picture of him in uniform for the blog, so they'll be plenty of new pics to come!
**I'm also adding another tab for Baby Dna so you can keep track of the growing baby as well as my growing belly. Make sure to keep an eye out for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment